SPINACH & RICOTTA LASAGNA
This hearty, healthy, feel-good meal is great for families and kids alike! It’s also an easy weeknight recipe that makes excellent leftovers. Feel free to add other vegetables should you prefer.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 10oz/283g/283g chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1- 14oz/397g can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 10oz/283g/283g mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- ¾ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cups grated parmesan
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 6 regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil noodles)
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
Sauté fresh mushrooms in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until soft, set aside. In a bowl, mix spinach, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, olives, ricotta and ½ cup of parmesan.
Spread ¾ cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 5-6 quart lidded pot or stove to oven lidded casserole dish. Top with 2 lasagna noodles (breaking to fit), ¾ cup of the remaining marinara, half the spinach mixture, and ½ cup of the mozzarella; repeat.
Top with the remaining noodles, marinara mixture, mozzarella, and parmesan. Bring to boil on stove for 15-20 minutes. If using casserole dish place uncovered in a preheated conventional oven at 425°F for 15 minutes to brown cheese and sauce.
Place the lidded pot or lidded casserole dish in Wonderbag and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours.