SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 500g/17.64oz skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell peppe, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (sauvigon Blanc)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed spanish olives (optional)
In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cook the chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stiring occasionaly, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stiring, for 1 minute
add the wine, tomatoes and juice, rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to the boil, bring to the boil for 10 minutes.
stir in the peas and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the parsley and put a tight fitting lid on pot. Place in the wonderbag for 1 and 1/2 hours.