- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, stem removed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow squash, stem removed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium eggplant, ends removed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 6oz/170g goat cheese
Ratatouille: Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a large 4-5 quart pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft and light brown. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the peppers, zucchini, squash, eggplant, tomatoes, thyme and oregano and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes release their juices and begin to boil. Place lidded pot into Wonderbag for 2 ½ hours.
Crostini: Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a pastry brush, apply the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil on the slices of the baguette. Place bread slices on cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top each slice with 2-3 Tbsp of ratatouille mixture.
Tip: Spread goat cheese on each crostini slice before ratatouille topping.