The perfect fall dish with just the right amount of spice to enhance the rich flavors of pumpkin and yams. This recipe is vegetarian and uses tofu, but is also fantastic with chicken (just lightly brown with the onion and garlic and complete the recipe as below). Can be used as a side or main dish and makes the perfect addition to a potluck or holiday meal.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 16oz/454g medium soft tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-15oz/425g/425g can unsweetened coconut milk (full fat, not light)
- 1-15oz/425g/425g can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ Tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in 5-6 quart pot. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes, until soft and golden brown. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, tofu, and lime juice and cook for another five minutes.
Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, curry powder, tumeric powder, garam masala, salt, and pepper. Stir together until well combined and spices are evenly distributed. Cover and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
Place the lidded pot into your Wonderbag for 3 to 4 hours.
To Serve: Pour 1-2 cups of curry over ½-1 cup of Jasmine rice.
Note: Do not omit any of the spices as they are all essential for this curry to taste as prepared.