This traditional Crock-Pot recipe was tested by our partner blogger Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes. The turn out- exceptional! The pork fell apart and shredded just as easily as if she had cooked it in a traditional slow cooker. Looking forward to summer picnics with a cold salad in tow!
- For Pork Topping:
- 1½-2lb/1kgs pork tenderloin, cut into 2-in. cubes
- 24oz/680g jar Peach Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1 Tbsp. sauce from the can
- 2 cups water
- For Salsa:
- 20oz/567g can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 large peach, pit removed and flesh chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- To Serve: Tortillas, shredded cabbage
In a medium bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients. Mix well. Refrigerate until serving time.
Place all of the pork taco ingredients in a 3-5 qt. Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and place your lidded pot in the Wonderbag for a minimum of 4 hours (up to 8 hours) to finish cooking.
Remove the meat from the pot and shred. Add some of the sauce from the pan to the pork, if desired. Top tortillas with shredded pork, the fresh Pineapple Peach Salsa and shredded cabbage.