Creamy Mushroom and herb Pilaf (serves 4)
- 500ml basmati Rice (2 cups)
- 50ml butter
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 400g portabello or white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 45ml chopped parsley
- 750ml vegetable broth (3 cups)
- 250ml cream (1 cup)
- 10ml salt
- 125ml chopped spring onions
- Grated Parmesan or shavings for serving
- Place rice in a medium bowl and rinse in several changes of cold water. When water runs clear, drain the rice in a sieve.
- Place the butter in a medium sized pot. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, until mushroom liquid is released and they are slightly browned.
- Add the rice, sauté until rice is well coated with butter and grains begin to turn translucent.
- Add the parsley, vegetable broth and cream and bring to the boil
- Close the lid and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the sealed pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth and close
- Leave for 1 hour to cook. The rice can be left for longer as it will not overcook
- Stir the chopped spring onions through the rice just before serving with parmesan cheese