CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This classic chicken soup is perfect for a quick meal at home when the weather is chilly or for little (and big) one’s who are under the weather. This recipe is easy to change a bit to fit your mood – add a little thyme for a traditional flavor, or spice up with a Cajun seasoning for a little twist.
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion*, diced
- 1 cup carrots*, diced
- 1 ½ cups celery*, diced
- 48oz/1361g chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ tsp thyme (or favorite herb/seasoning)
- ½ Tbsp butter (optional)
- 2 handfuls dried egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional topping: cilantro
- Premade mirapox/soup starters work nicely for this recipe
n a 3.5 quart pot, heat oil and brown chicken for 3 minutes. Once browned, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour chicken broth over the mixture and stir. Then add bay leaf, thyme, butter (optional), salt and pepper and stir. Cover pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and leave for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, put in noodles* and close lid. Allow to come back to a boil for another 2 minutes then immediately transfer to the Wonderbag for 1 hour. Do not let it sit in bag for longer than an hour or the noodles could become mushy.
* If you do not plan on eating your soup for a few hours, leave the noodles out before putting soup in bag. When you are ready to eat, cook the noodles according to the package and add to the soup when ready to serve.