Our team uses Chicken Marbella for press events, cooking classes and Wonderbag fêtes. Inspired by the work of Silver Palate, we’ve adapted this amazing recipe for the Wonderbag, and it’s a wonderful dish we know you’ll love.
- 4 chickens, 2 ½lbs each, quartered (or 6-7lb/3kgs boneless, skinless thighs)
- 1 head garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup pitted Spanish green olives
- ½ cup capers with a bit of juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup Italian parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces, garlic, oregano, pepper, coarse salt, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice and bay leaves. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Place chicken with marinade in large pot over medium heat. Pour in white wine and sprinkle with brown sugar. Slowly bring to soft boil for 10-15 minutes.
Place in Wonderbag for 3-4 hours. Remove, check temperature and be sure chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a serving platter.
To Serve: Place ½ - 1 cup Parsley Rice (see recipe in index) on plate. Top with chicken, prunes, olives and capers. Moisten the chicken with a few spoonfuls of pan juice and sprinkle generously with parsley or cilantro. Pass remaining pan sauce at the table.