This is a great chicken meal to enjoy with the whole family and friends. Perfect for a cool fall evening.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Masala chopped coriander and yoghurt to serve
- 4 Tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (small cubes)
- 18oz/510g basmati rice
- 1 cup black lentils
- 3 ¾ cups chicken stock
- Garnish: coriander and a dollop of plain yogurt.
Heat butter in a saucepan and cook the onions with the bay leaf and other whole spices, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle in the turmeric, then add chicken, Masala, curry paste and potatoes and cook until aromatic about 10 minutes. Then stir the rice and lentils into the pot, pour over the stock.
Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and bring to a hard boil for 10 minutes.
Place lidded pot into the Wonderbag for 2 hours to finish cooking.
To serve, scatter coriander and a dollop of plain yogurt.