Cheesy Spinach & Mozzarella Rigatoni (serves 4 - 6)
- 375ml tomato pasta sauce (1 jar/bottle)
- 470ml tomato puree (1 tin)
- 500g package rigatoni, penne, or ziti
- 250g container whole-milk cottage or ricotta cheese
- 500ml shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 250g ball fresh mozzarella, chopped or pulled into bite-size pieces
- 500ml thawed frozen spinach, squeezed of excess liquid
- 125ml cream
- 4 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml salt
- 15ml sugar
- 5mlchilli flakes
- 2,5ml black pepper
- 125ml grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Grease a large casserole dish
- Rinse and drain the rigatoni in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the noodles, tomato sauce, tomato puree, cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, spinach, cream, garlic, olive oil, salt, sugar, black pepper and chilli. Stir to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Pour into the greased casserole dish and top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then cover with greased foil and place in the Wonderbag on a cloth or mat for 2 hours
- Remove and serve with fresh salad and crusty bread.
- If the pasta bake is not golden, place it under the grill until light golden