Our partner blogger Janssen at Everyday Reading, adapted her beloved stove top recipe into the Wonderbag for this delicious carrot soup. It saved her time and energy getting the carrots to a perfect texture and with her Crock Pot obsession (as she claims!) she loves the idea of the Wonderbag because it doesn't burn food and you can combine cooking techniques of sautéing and slow cooking.
- 30ml butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 750g carrots, roughly chopped
- 750ml chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2,5ml ground cumin
- 1ml ground allspice
- 15ml honey
- 5ml lemon juice
- 7,5ml salt
- 7,5ml pepper
- 60ml sour cream
- Red pepper pesto and chopped chives to garnish
- Melt butter in a medium sized pot and saute onions until tender.
- Add garlic and carrots, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bouillon, cumin, allspice, salt, pepper, honey and lemon juice and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on and the place in a well sealed Wonderbag on a mat or cloth
- Leave to cook for 4 hours, remove the pot and blend the soup until smooth
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream, some red pesto oil and chopped chives
- Great with fresh whole wheat rolls or bread