BUTTERNUT AND CORN CURRY
A delicious, wholesome vegetable curry packed with many different coloured vegetables. The orange and yellow pigments of the various vegetables contain beta-carotene and vitamin C – by cooking this curry in the Wonderbag, you retain most of these antioxidants, hence improving the quality of the whole meal! This is a great Meat-Free Monday Dish.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, diced or grated
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground coconut
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander or dhania
- 1-2 Tbsp curry powder (depending taste)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp salt, gound
- 2 red tomatoes, chopped
- 400g/14.11oz butternut, diced
- 250g/8.82oz/8.82oz frozen peas
- 250g/8.82oz/8.82oz corn kernels (1 tin drained and rinsed)
- 1 potato, diced (optional)
- 1 tin butterbeans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 punnet fresh coriander
- 750ml water
Add the olive oil, onions, garlic, ginger and all the spices to a large pot and allow ingredients to heat up.
Add all the vegetables together in the pot – and mix.
Now add the salt.
Add the water and bring to the boil for 15 minutes.
Just before you add the pot to the Wonderbag, add the butterbeans.
Place in Wonderbag for 5 hours
To Serve: Serve with fresh basmati rice and top with fresh coriander
Tips: This dish can be served with sambals but I would highly recommend a tablespoon of Mrs. Ball Chutney and some coarse salt – delicious!