Valentines Whole fillet in thyme and mushroom sauce (Serves 2)
500g beef fillet, whole
8 baby onions
3 cloves garlic, chopped
250g Button mushrooms
3 sprigs thyme
1 x 410g tin chopped tomato
25ml brown sugar
5ml coarse black pepper
45ml brown onion soup mixed with 100ml water
• Heat a little oil in a frying pan, season the whole piece of fillet and brown and seal in the pan
• In a 2 – 2 ½ lt pot, heat the remaining oil, and lightly fry the onions and garlic.
• Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes
• Place the sealed fillet in the pot, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
• Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes
• Place the pot on a mat or cloth in the small Wonderbag, seal and leave for 3 hours.
• Remove and serve with creamy mash and seasonal veg, with extra sauce on the side
NOTE: this recipe can simply be doubled for a family of 4. Use a 5lt pot and a medium or large Wonderbag. Simmer for 25 minutes and leave in the Wonderbag for 4 hours
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
STOVE TOP: 18 MINUTES
WONDERBAG: 3 HOURS