Chicken Curry with Beans ( Serves6)
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
20 curry leaves
30ml medium curry powder
15ml ground cumin or jeera
15ml ground coriander or dhania
30ml brown sugar
10ml coarse ground black pepper
12 - 16 chicken thighs (1.5kg)
350ml speckled beans, soaked overnight and drained
1 tin tomato puree
2 tins chopped tomato
3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Fresh coriander to garnish
• Heat the oil in an 8 - 10lt pot
• Fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
• Add the curry leaves, curry powder, cumin and coriander and fry for 2 minutes.
• Add the chicken pieces and fry while stirring for 5 minutes
• Add all the remaining ingredients, except the fresh coriander and bring to the boil
• Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 25 minutes.
• Place the pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 4 hours.
• Open the Wonderbag, check the seasoning and adjust if needed. Serve with rice, pap, roti or naan bread and poppadum's and sambals