Chicken Korma With Cauliflower Rice (serves 4)
450g skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
2 red potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1⁄2-inch dice
1 red bell pepper, diced
1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
125ml frozen peas, thawed
Juice of ½ lemon
125ml raw cashews, as garnish (optional)
60ml cooking fat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the korma sauce
250ml full-fat coconut milk
65ml raw cashews
15ml fresh ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
10ml medium curry powder
5ml ground coriander
2,5ml ground cinnamon
2,5ml ground cumin
2,5ml red chili flakes
• If using the cashews as a garnish, heat a dry pan over a medium heat and lightly toast until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
• Place the cauliflower florets to a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is the size of a grain of rice. If needed work in batches so you can keep an even consistency.
• Once the cauliflower rice is made, heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over a medium heat, add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and fry for 5 – 7 minutes while stirring
• Transfer to a bowl, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
• Heat a 4lt pot, add 30ml butter, the chicken and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 – 7 minutes
• Add the small cubes of potato, carrot and bell pepper to the pot and turn off the heat
• Place all of the ingredients for the korma sauce except the water into the food processor.
• Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
• Next, add the sauce and lemon juice to the pot and mix. If the consistency is very thick add up to a 1⁄2 cup of water to thin it out.
• Allow the chicken and vegetables to simmer in the sauce for 15 minutes, then cover with the lid and place in the Wonderbag on a cloth or mat and seal.
• Leave to cook for 4 hours and then open and stir in the peas.
• Serve with cauliflower rice, fresh coriander and toasted cashews
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
STOVE TOP: 35 MINUTES
WONDERBAG: 4 HOURS